Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Posted date: [14th November 2018]
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist is responsible for preparing and administering nuclear or radioactive procedures to patients and providing technical support to physicians. Duties include:
- Operating and performing quality control procedures on nuclear medicine Instrumentation;
- Educating and obtaining consent from patients for medical procedures involving nuclear medicine, PET (Positron Imaging Tomography) and CT (Computed Tomography) imaging;
- Obtaining relevant medical history and vitals, placing 12 leads as required;
- Preparing, administering, and measuring nuclear or radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies using a variety of radioisotope equipment;
- Following all safety procedures, logging all incoming doses, and conducting radiation survey on a daily basis according to state regulations;
- Obtain imaging data and reports related to all myocardial stress tests, oncological and neurocognitive disorders, and other general nuclear medicine evaluations;
- Assisting physicians in treadmill and pharmaceutical stress tests.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Sci, Quant, Math, NucMed, or related and five (5) years experience in job offered, or related field.
***Will accept three or four year degrees***
Must have experience in:
- Any nuclear medicine instrumentation;
- 12 Lead EKG placement;
- Radiation Monitoring;
- Medical software for data processing.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification;
- License from California Department of Public Health.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org